Problems with video-intel 1.9.92

Andrew McMillan andrew at mcmillan.net.nz
Mon Mar 19 22:11:49 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 18:59 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> Quite a bit of the 1.9.92 development was done on an nc6320, so this
> platform should work well...

This is... hopeful :-)

> > When I upgraded to the latest -video-intel 1.9.92 I start X and my
> > screen slowly goes a blotchy white, slowly changing to a blotchy green
> > and then a blotchy magenta over about 20 seconds.  I.e. it doesn't
> > work :-)
>
> Ah, you've got the 1400x1050 screen. We've been seeing several reports
> where that resolution isn't working right. We'd love to have you help
> out here if you're willing; you'd need to fetch current driver sources
> from git and compile them though.

I do indeed have the 1400x1050 screen.

Are there specific patches I could try?  I'd prefer to just apply them
on top of the Debian package if possible, but I really want the stuff in
1.9 so I'll build completely from source if necessary :-)

> > The Xorg log file for that is attached.
>
> The log file confirms my suspicions; the clock of 108MHz used for the
> LVDS is higher than the BIOS will let run in single channel mode, but
> not higher than what 1.9.92 will run in single channel mode.
>
> > This is using the experimental Debian packages of version 1.9.92 of
> > xserver-xorg-video-intel along with version 1.2.99.902 of
> > xserver-xorg-core.
>
> Thanks much for reporting this issue; please let us know if you're able
> and willing to try building from sources to see if current bits work.

Thank you :-)

Cheers,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
              How many things I can do without! -- Socrates