build.sh chokes on module x11proto: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Tue Mar 20 13:40:07 PDT 2007

I'm having trouble building 7.2 using the ./util/modular/build.sh script
as described in
the Modular Developer's Guide.

When it tries to build x11proto it craps out when autoreconf runs automake:
configure.ac:5: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
Can anyone tell what to do?

Here's the tail end of build.sh's output:

Building proto module component x11proto...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I
/share/RnD/linux/WorkingDirectories/john/X11R7/modular/share/aclocal -I
/leda/share/RnD/linux/WorkingDirectories/john/X11R7/modular/share/aclocal
--output=aclocal.m4t
autoreconf: `aclocal.m4' is unchanged
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
configure.ac:5: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.ac:6: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Thanks,

John