new makedepend release?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Mar 21 10:05:04 PDT 2007

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
>> I don't see any maintainer for util/makedepend.
>>
>> May I do a release?
>>
>> It has one bug fix and also I would like to use fixed xorg-macros.
>
> And app/mkfontdir too? The source tarball has bad macros so man pages are
> installed wrong (but no changes to mkfontdir itself). The MAINTAINERS file
> says Jim Gettys is the maintainer for all other apps.

Sounds like a bug in the MAINTAINERS file since I don't remember ever seeing
Jim do a release.   I'd say these are all unmaintained (or maintained by the
community as a whole if you prefer), and you're welcome to do a release at
will.

Just follow the instructions on
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/MakingReleases

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com