evdev problems

Magnus Vigerlöf Magnus.Vigerlof at home.se
Wed Mar 21 14:43:12 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 02:09, Peter Hutterer wrote:
[...]
> I'd rather solve the problem than quickfixing it to stop crashes. I
> don't want to change the evdev driver yet, I only started looking at
> it yesterday and my knowledge of its internals is fairly limited.
> Unless I get some more of the big picture how it works, I'd rather
> not touch it.

If it's a bug it should be corrected, but I'd agree that in this case this is
not the real problem. Besides, I have a feeling that most input drivers needs
to be updated to fully support hotplugging sooner or later anyway, and maybe
it's better to make these kind of corrections at that point.

Cheers
  Magnus