2x DVI with "intel" driver?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Mar 24 00:45:29 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 01:34 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> KP> Each SDVO link uses four lanes on the PCI-E bus; I'm reasonably
> KP> sure that problem here is that the expansion card and the built-in
> KP> SDVO link are wired to the same set of lanes.
>
> In that case, shouldn't an ADD2-R card do the trick?  (Assuming, of
> course, that the driver supports them at all.)

I don't think so; from what I can tell, the ADD2-R cards use the top 4
lanes for the first ADD2 card and the next four below that for the
second. But, given that ADD2-R cards are generally used for BTX
motherboards, and given that Intel BTX motherboards often come with
on-board SDVO support, I suppose it's possible. I can't remember if I've
already tried this.

keith.packard at intel.com