Caught signal 11. Server aborting

billyx at gmx.at billyx at gmx.at
Sat Mar 24 13:32:19 PDT 2007

 Hello,

I'm trying to get a Xoro LCD screen (1920x1080) to work at my MacMini with
debian.
I'm using the package 1.7.2.git20070213 of
xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting

I was not able to get even a working configuration. This is the log-output
and the log-output of the same configuartion with the normal i810 driver
(which works but with a bad resolution) is attached. Also the debian package
1.6.5.git20061014 did work but only at 1280x1024.

Can somebody tell me why there are so many "Not using default mode
"1280x1024" (vrefresh out of range)" lines even if I speciefy HorizSync and
VertRefresh and disable ddc?
Is "First SDVO output reported failure to sync" causing the problem?
I have no idea how to get it work.

Greetings

Bernhard Mähr