2x DVI with "intel" driver?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Mar 27 07:23:30 PDT 2007

On Mar 27, 07 14:20:43 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Someday we'll have DVI or HDMI connections on laptops instead of VGA and
> > be rid of the analog horror.
>
> And with HDMI we can replace it with DRM horror, inability to use
> projectors and other hell. Please don't 8)

HDMI is only a connector. Not a very good one (mechanically), but HDCP
isn't necessarily used over it. What I dislike is that it doesn't have
pins allocated for analog output, so again we'll have two connectors
(because we'll still need analog for a *long* time to come).
DVI can have both...

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __