OpenGL fails after server reset in RC2; can't test in RC3

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 17:15:42 PDT 2007

This is on a G965, builds from release tarballs of Mesa 6.5.2, server,
xf86-video-intel.

In pre-RC1, OpenGL applications did not work due to the DRM memory
manager being disabled at X startup.  Running glxinfo gave the assertion
below.  As I understand it, this was a problem with aperture memory
allocation needing additional work.

In RC1, OpenGL applications did work due to the improvements to memory
allocation.  This was an example of excellent progress.  However, server
reset ("logging out and in") left the display at the incorrect resolution.

In RC2, the display resolution problem on server reset was fixed, which
was another example of excellent progress, and OpenGL applications
continued to work.  However, after server reset I am experiencing a
reproducible:

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
glxinfo: bufmgr_fake.c:746: bmGenBufferStatic: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

I am curious if anyone else is able to reproduce this.

In RC3, I am experiencing the problem that was reported with display
blanking after server reset, so cannot determine if this is still
happening.  I have reverted to RC2 for now.

Thanks for your good work.  This is the only flaw in RC2 that I have
been able to find.  I do recommend that both "logging out and in" and
running some OpenGL be made a part of whatever smoke test you are doing
before releases.

- Marty Jack