x.org is Hacker Trash

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 31 03:30:34 PDT 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 30 mars 2007 à 14:52 -0700, Kean Johnston a écrit :
>
>> So while I understand the knee-jerk reaction to dismiss the original
>> posting as the rant of a loon, please do not fool yourself into
>> thinking that for a lot of users, things have gotten very VERY much
>> worse in the X world.
>
> Speaking as a lowly user things has gone very VERY much better in the X
> world. And if some platforms can not cope with the current pace, I can
> only applaud we're not waiting for them anymore. They can use the
> fossilizing xorg alternative for all I care.

+1

Xorg (like the kernel) used to scare the crap out of me. Now it's split
up it's a whole lot more understandable as to where all the components
fit together. While I've still not got the skills needed in a lot of the
libs etc. I can understand things a whole lot better now and would not
be overly worried about poking into code to find a segv or similar
whereas before I'd be lost at C.... ;)

Col.