xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 and DVI

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue May 29 22:41:40 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 16:08 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> As far as the significance, I think it's just planning ahead such that
> cards that support multiple TMDS are consistently numbered TMDS-1,
> TMDS-2 etc.

No planning ahead; there are already dual TMDS-1 SDVO cards that we
tested all of this stuff with.

I'm thinking we need more structure here though; I hate using naming
conventions for program-level identification. Perhaps some kind of
enumeration for the connector type or location on the machine would be
useful.

keith.packard at intel.com