checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... configure: error: Package requirements (randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto >= 0.9.3

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Fri Nov 2 08:51:00 PDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 02:34:43PM +0530, onetwo jojo wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Bryce:
> pardon my ignorance(for now)
> [*] Why isn't kdrive with evdev Xephyr/X.org x-server already
> available under gutsy/hardy?
>  (bugs, stability, _____?)

Don't think there's any intentional reason to not have it.  I'd been
entirely focused on Xorg rather than Xephyr for Gutsy, so don't have
very deep insight into the current status of it.

> [*] Is there a way(reusable/redistributable)  to make minimal changes
> to Gutsy, to support this feature ?

Well, fixing whatever the issue is in Hardy would be the first step.
Then it can be evaluated how large / risky the change to Gutsy would be
for SRUing.

> [*] Have you included this feature in X.org 1.4 ? Are you planning to ?

As I understand it, kdrive was already merged into xorg-server a while
back.

Bryce