xserver-1.4-branch & 1.4.1 release?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Nov 5 05:30:31 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 04:23:28PM +0300, Valery V. Inozemtsev wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've now merged input-fixes-for-1.4.1 to server-1.4-branch, and I think
> > we're on track to release in just under a week.
> >
> > > Please test this (distributors especially) and give me feedback.
>
> 1. auto repeat is not configurable, delay is always set to 500

This works fine for me with xset r rate 1 1 producing an obscene amount
of characters, and xset r rate 11 11 being measurably different.  How
are you setting it?

> 2. xset led doesn't work

Yes, you have to use XInput for this.  I might fix this for 1.4.1
though, thanks.

> 3. keyboard events don't only arrive to the active window but to the one under
> mouse pointer as well

I can't reproduce this.  Which window manager, etc, are you using?  I
tried with Metacity and focus-follows-mouse disabled.  With my mouse in
the terminal window but Firefox focussed, typing only went to Firefox.
Can you be more specific?

Cheers,
Daniel