setting up xrandr with two graphics cards

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Nov 19 07:18:00 PST 2007

also sprach Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> [2007.11.19.1528 +0100]:
> Randr 1.2 and xinerama do not currently mix.  Support for GPU objects
> in randr 1.3 should fix that. Until them you'll have to use the cards
> independently or switch back to the old ati driver (6.6.3).

Many thanks for this explanation. I am switching back for now and
hope that the RandR 1.3/X 7.4 April 2008 deadline will be met.

"the college students who are using lsd and marijuana today do not
 comprise a criminal class. they are not drug addicts seeking to
 escape. they're your best educated, your most creative, and your
 most couragious, young people. and like it or not, they might build
 you a new civilisation."               -- porcupine tree, voyage 34

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net