Compiz FBConfig selection criteria

Johannes Engel j-engel at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 01:58:21 PST 2007

Ben Gamari schrieb:
> Hey All,
>
> Recently I (perhaps stupidly) decided to try using git master of
> xf86-video-intel, drm, xorg-server, and mesa. Unfortunately, something
> in this update broke my fbconfigs badly, causing compiz to give me the
> error:
>
>         ben at mercury ~ $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz --replace ccp
>         compiz (core) - Fatal: No GLXFBConfig for default depth, this isn't going to work.
>         compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
>         compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0

Using the same configuration I always get

compiz: Trying '/usr/$LIB/libIndirectGL.so.1'
compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a double buffered GL visual
compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0

although xwininfo -root shows

xwininfo: Window id: 0x82 (the root window) (has no name)

  Absolute upper-left X:  0
  Absolute upper-left Y:  0
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0
  Width: 1680
  Height: 1050
  Depth: 16
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +0+0  -0+0  -0-0  +0-0
  -geometry 1680x1050+0+0

and glxinfo gives

   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
 id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
0x21 16 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x22 16 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x5c 32 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None

Greetings, Johannes