client events maintained by x server

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:01:45 PST 2007

2007/11/20, Russell Shaw <rjshaw at netspace.net.au>:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 10:05:19AM +0530, sridhar wrote:
> >> x server maintains..all the clients...
> >> how to know what are all the requests and replies from x server
> >> like window creation event , notify event, clicking event, mouse motion
> >> event,
> >> etc
> >
> > Hi,
> > We can't do your homework for you.  Please read one of the many books
> > available on X development, sample source code, etc.  There's a huge
> > amount of resources available that don't require you to fill up our
> > mailing list.  Expecting everyone else to do this for you is somewhat
> > insulting.
>
> Oh get out of here, no-one ever helps on this list and there's no other
> list on X programming.

I guess Daniel was rather pointing out that the information asked is
not really that hard to come by[1]. I agree with him that this mailing
list should not be used as a replacement for tutorials and programming
guides.

> Why do you think X is moribund and no one is writing any decent
> GUI stuff on X apart from a few lame file browsers and desktops?

I wonder what the definition of "decent" is here...

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=xlib+programming

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi