xkb keymap fails to load with modular build

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:55:35 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 8:24 AM, Johannes Engel <j-engel at gmx.de> wrote:
> Thank you for your help, Alan, but:
>
> Alan W. Irwin schrieb:
> > Try
> >
> > Option       "XkbRules" "xfree86"  ==>
> > Option       "XkbRules" "xorg"
> >
> > At least that is what my own xorg.conf has.
> Does not change anything. :(

What do you have in /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules? What keyboard data are you using?

If you're using xkeyboard-config, it defaults to only installing the
rules as "base", so you can try to set that for "XkbRules". There is a
build time option --with-xkb-rules-symlink which will setup symlinks
to the "base" rules. I build with --with-xkb-rules-symlink=xorg, which
allows Xorg to work out of the box.

--
Dan