Xorg total lockup!

6dsgsdf dfgsdfg asfaddu at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:11:05 PST 2007

>> XORG'S LOGS>
>> /*
>> tossed event which came in late
>> mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
>> (a lot of time)
>> */
>>
>> I tryed all versions of xorg and ati driver from stable, testing, unstable and experimental, I also searched on google and various forums and editet evrything in my "xorg.conf" but i can't solve this fuckin bug!
>> The only solution is disabling "DRI" in "xorg.conf" but without DRI I have some problems seeing high definition dvds and some HD videos. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
>>

> Hi,
>
> This kind of question really get me confused in the beginning too. So
> I'll try to explain here to you.
>
> The majority of developers here in the xorg list never bother with what
> is going on inside one specific distro. Most time the developers work
> with the git upstream code at freedesktop.org and not with a specific
> distro code.
>
> Therefore, you can go through two paths: (1) compile the last X server
> bits (xorg + libs + proto + drivers) using this wiki [0] and if the
> problem persists then post the bug detailed (gdb is your friend here!)
> here on the list; or (2) poke your distro's maintainer to understand
> what's the real problem with that package version.
>

> best.
>
> [0] http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
>
> --
> Tiago Vignatti
> C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre
> www.c3sl.ufpr.br

OK BOYS I SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!! (MAYBE IS A STRANGE SOLUTION BUT IT WORKS!!)

I have debian sid.
today, thinking should be an hardware problem i tryed with ubuntu 7.10 live cd running compiz and surprise the system is very stable and it works very fast!!!
I never seen compiz running so fast with debian so i removed my debian packages ( Xorg libgl1-mesa-dri and libgl1-mesa-glx) after i edited my sources.list adding ubuntu gutsy repositories and then i reinstalled the packages. My system now is very very very stable and compiz works very nice also if my fps with glxgears are the same of first.
So the conclusion: there is a bug in one of this packages from debian repositories now i think i'll compile this from sources to have a good integration with my debian system.

I hope this solution can help other users. thanks to all!!

Bye Luca.