i810/intel drivers with VGA SDVO

Clemens Kirchgatterer c.kirchgatterer at amatic.com
Fri Nov 30 06:29:12 PST 2007

hi!

> I'm having trouble enabling dual-head (not cloned) video output using
> the on-board intel 945G graphics chipset and a plug-in PCIe SDVO card.
> Both outputs are analogue VGA.

i had the same goal and it took me nearly a week to come up with a
working xorg.conf. i use the latest intel driver from git and the
following conf works for me:

Section "Module"
        Load           "bitmap"
        Load           "dri"
        Load           "extmod"
        Load           "freetype"
        Load           "glx"
        Load           "int10"
        Load           "type1"
        Load           "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier     "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver         "kbd"
        Option         "CoreKeyboard"
        Option         "XkbRules"         "xorg"
        Option         "XkbModel"         "pc105"
        Option         "XkbLayout"        "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier     "Configured Mouse"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "CorePointer"
        Option         "Device"           "/dev/input/mice"
        Option         "Protocol"         "ImPS/2"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping"     "4 5"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons"  "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Inputdevice    "Generic Keyboard"
        Inputdevice    "Configured Mouse"
        Screen         "Default Screen"
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier      "945GM"
       Driver          "intel"
       Option          "DRI"              "true"
       Option          "ModeDebug"        "false"
       Option          "monitor-VGA"      "VGA"
       Option          "monitor-VGA-1"    "VGA-1"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier      "VGA"
       Option          "PreferredMode"    "1280x1024"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier      "VGA-1"
       Option          "Below"            "VGA"
       Option          "PreferredMode"    "1280x1024"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier      "LVDS"
       Option          "Ignore"           "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
       Identifier      "Default Screen"
       Device          "945GM"
       Defaultdepth    24
       SubSection "Display"
               Depth   24
               Virtual 2048 2048
       EndSubSection
EndSection

i send it inline so it is esier to find in the archives.

best regards ...
clemens