i810/intel drivers with VGA SDVO

Chris Sykes chris.sykes at nextstepsolutions.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 07:13:48 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 15:29 +0100, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> hi!
>
> > I'm having trouble enabling dual-head (not cloned) video output using
> > the on-board intel 945G graphics chipset and a plug-in PCIe SDVO card.
> > Both outputs are analogue VGA.
>
> i had the same goal and it took me nearly a week to come up with a
> working xorg.conf. i use the latest intel driver from git and the
> following conf works for me:

What platform/distro are you using?  If it's centos 5, how painful was
it getting the pre-requisites for building the latest driver.  I was
under the impression that the latest intel driver would require a newer
X server release than is included in centos 5 (7.1.1).

I'd be happy to build & package the latest driver so long as I don't
have to rebuild the whole of X etc. to get there :-)

Thanks for your xorg.conf in any case.

--
Chris Sykes

Next Step Solutions Limited
Unit K6 Liners Industrial Estate, Pitt Road
Freemantle, Southampton, UK, SO15 3FQ
Tel: 02380 224200
Mob: 07726 305061