resolutions for intel i855GM

davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Oct 6 14:33:59 PDT 2007

> Yes, you can add the 1280x1024 mode to the LVDS output:
>
> $ xrandr --addmode LVDS 1280x1024
> $ xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1280x1024
>
> RandR doesn't really deal with hardware scalers very well; I'm extending
> it to expose a full projective transformation to the user which should
> make it possible to just set the 'native' mode and let the user
> configure whatever pixel size they prefer.

Thanks for the hint, however:
--------
[ipnp-n19] ~ > xrandr --addmode LVDS 1280x1024
xrandr: cannot find mode "1280x1024"
---------
even if I've upgraded to xserver-xorg 7.3 before (Debian sid).... delmode
does not work either. The only command that proceeds is adding an already
existing mode.

Do I need a specific version of xserver-xorg-video-intel ? At the moment I
have 2.1.1-4, I tried also with ~1 month old git version, the same
results. Or do I need another package of specific version ?

Regards
              Tomas