Xorg7.1 build int10 module error on 64-bit system

soararing soararing at 163.com
Tue Oct 9 04:10:19 PDT 2007

I am sorry i am not understood for the problem. I work with S3 driver, when initial BIOS, driver will call function xf86InitInt10, this should follow xorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/int10/linux.c path(Xorg6.9 follows this path), but it follows generic.c path, and i think it should not follow generic.c, because it lead to xserver abort. so how to rebuild S3 driver to make it follow correct path?
在2007-10-09,"Daniel Stone" <daniel at fooishbar.org> 写道:
On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:32:02PM +0800, soararing wrote: > Hi, On my 32-bit system, function call xf86initInt10 will followxorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/int10/linux.c path, and it works well But on my 64-bit system, function call xf86initInt10 will followxorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0/hw/xfree86/int10/generic.c path, and it leads to xserver abort when startx. I use the same scripts to build them on both platform previously, so how should I rebuild the Xorg7.1 to make it correct? ThanksJeff generic.c is correct for 64-bit systems, which don't have vm86. You need to execute the BIOS through an emulator, rather than being able to call into real mode. If this is somehow broken, please file a bug with a full log file, and details of your configuration and setup. Also, 1.1.0 is quite old: have you tried at least 1.3.0? Cheers, Daniel