Cross Compiling xorg for custom architecture

pkm 79 pkm79mt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 07:43:23 PDT 2007

On 10/10/07, René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
> Are you sure you build a recent version of X.org ? There should be no
> imake executions in there these days (on primary packages).
>
> You might like to look into the T2 SDE as it can greatly simplify
> the cross compilation of X.org for you:
>
>         http://www.t2-project.org

Hi Rene,
'xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.EL.13.37.7.src.rpm' is the latest version xorg-x11
that i could find on net.
This version does not have the configure script. But it has a module
../xc/config/imake where the imake executable is built with the
compiler set in CC variable. Basically stuck at problem, as in not
able to execute cross built 'imake' in the current shell. Similar
problem mentioned here:
http://osdir.com/ml/t2.devel/2005-04/msg00080.html

I wanted to see if cross compilation could be taken further by running
a gcc built imake. For this added copy command in the main Makefile to
copy gcc built imake from somewhere else just before executing the
imake command. With this i get the following error:

make[2]: Leaving directory `......./XORG/xc/config/imake'
rm -f ./config/makedepend/Makefile.proto
cp imake config/imake/              -------> # pkm79: command that i
added in make file
./config/imake/imake -I./config/cf  -s
./config/makedepend/Makefile.proto -f ./config/makedepend/Imakefile
-DTOPDIR=../.. -DCURDIR=./config/makedepend
Warning: Unrecognized option (Warning: No source files specified in command line
make[1]: *** [config/makedepend/Makefile.proto] Aborted
make[1]: *** Deleting file `config/makedepend/Makefile.proto'
make[1]: Leaving directory `........../XORG/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

On 10/10/07, Prashant J Zaveri <pjz1607 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You might like to take a look at this page: It is general instructions
> for cross compiling xorg
>
> http://www.x.org/wiki/CrossCompilingXorg?highlight=%28cross%29%7C%28compiling%29

Hi Prashant,

I went through the link you mentioned. It is mentioned there,  to pass
the --host flag to 'configure'. The version that i am now working on
'xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.EL.13.37.7.src.rpm', does not have configure script.
Please let me know where i could find later version src.rpm of
xorg-x11. I am assuming that later versions have configure script.

thanks,
pkm