[Patch] Xvideo on Intel using buffer objects fix

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.de
Tue Oct 16 07:38:36 PDT 2007

Eric Anholt schrieb:
> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 23:52 +0200, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> this patch fixes a gray screen coming up when using xvideo playback on
>> intel chipsets while using the drm buffer objects.
>>
>> Without this patch, the xvideo code will allocate its buffer, but the
>> buffer object handling will not bind it. This leads to overwriting
>> valueable data beginning at offset -1 of the framebuffer(And for me to
>> the above mentioned gray screen from which the xserver is unable to
>> recover, even when restarting it).
>>
>> Patch is against a slightly patched
>> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
>
> The real issue was not binding the memory on allocation when we had
> control of the VT.  That should be fixed now.  There was also a
> use-after-free that may have hit people without TTM.

After commit d66e924680a3504aa1feb9c228145a95d1a16b1e the xserver has
working XVideo, but tiling stopped working on my i915. When tiling is
enabled, i only get a mouse cursor on an otherwise black screen. The
server seems to actually do its work, i just can't see anything of that.
When tiling is disabled, this problem goes away. As OpenGL is somewhat
broken at the moment, i can live without tiling for a while.

Regards,
  Pierre