Is there an accelerated driver for SIS671 Mirage 3?

Peter McDade pm124493 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:09:39 PDT 2007

I have an ECS 671T-M motherboard with on board video, Mirage 3. I have
installed Ubuntu Gutsy v7.10. X could not setup GUI correctly. It set the
wrong Horz and Vert rates. I have tried the SIS driver in the xorg.conf file
and that did not work. The Balance CM2017 monitor can do 1280x1024,
1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480. Though I do not have the original monitor
Hfq/Vfq settings, I can get it to work in DPMS with the vesa driver using
H30-50/V40-60.

Does X support SIS accelerated drivers for SIS671?
TIA