glyph-pixmaps merged

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Oct 20 14:52:08 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:19 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

> And my version of this header is not self-contained.  It uses
> size_t without including stddef.h.  Could we please add it
> explicitly?

Sounds like your library is broken, but adding stddef.h is easy enough;
patches welcome as always.

> So it would seem.  Maybe we could switch to a more trivial,
> non cryptographically secure hashing function for this
> purpose?

We need a strong hash function as this replaces the previous weak hash +
memcmp when checking incoming glyphs for matches with the existing set
of server-resident glyphs. One could argue that this must be
cryptographically secure to avoid applications uploading misleading
glyph images.

Patches to use alternate SHA1 implementation would also be welcome, if
anyone has reason to choose other bits.

keith.packard at intel.com