Status of shaders for r300 ?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Sun Oct 21 03:44:56 PDT 2007

Hi,

Radeon 9600 XT
X.Org X Server 1.4.0
Mesa 7.0.1
I tried playing a bit with shaders, but even the basic shaders from the
mesa GLSL examples (e.g. brick) don't work:

Warning: this program expects OpenGL 2.0
Mesa 7.0.1 implementation error: User called no-op dispatch function (an unsupported extension function?)
Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org

That looks like unimplemented functions, but I'm not sure.
Could someone tell me what's missing, i.e. just some unimplemented
instructions in GLSL somewhere (and in that case where does the code
lives), or more complicated functions missing ?

Thanks,
	Xav