xf86-video-ati-6.7.195, no DVI output

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Mon Oct 22 14:36:51 PDT 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:12:15 -0400
"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/07, Giuliano Pochini <pochini at shiny.it> wrote:
> >
> > I compiled xorg-7.3 with xf86-video-ati-6.7.195 . I have an LCD display, but
> > the driver detects it as attached to the VGA port. Is there a way to force
> > it to use DVI-0 ?  I didn't try with a CRT, but I can test it if it matters.
> >
> > Linux Jay 2.6.22.1 #3 SMP Sun Sep 16 15:39:49 CEST 2007 ppc 7455, altivec supported PowerMac3,6 GNU/Linux
> > Radeon 9000pro
> >

> Mac cards don't have a connector table so we don't usually know how
> the ports are wired up.  You may need a custom connector table, but
> I'm guessing the ddc lines are just reversed.  Can you post your xorg
> log and tell me what ports your card has and which ones you are using?

The card has two ports: a standard DVI and an weird Apple port, which is a
DVI port plus power line AFAIK. The DVI port also provides analog outputs,
so I used a simple adaptor to connect the VGA port of the same LCD display
to the DVI port of the card.

>  In the mean time you may want to try the following option:
>
> Option "ReverseDDC" "true"

That option actually makes things worse.

- DVI port: I can't see anything. The log below was taken with ReverseDDC=false
log: http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_DVI_noDDCrev

- ReverseDDC=false and VGA port: It seems to work fine. The initialization
issue I reported a few months ago is fixed ("flickering red channel").
log: http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_VGA_noDDCrev

- ReverseDDC=true and VGA port: Resolution is wrong (1024*768 instead of
1280*1024) and the monitor can't manage to display all the screen.
log: http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_VGA_DDCrev

In all cases the mouse pointer is rotated horizontally by half its width.
For example: I see a "<>" in place of the X "><" cursor.

--
Giuliano.