A problem with recent Xorg, KDE apps and switching X/text

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Fri Oct 26 01:23:41 PDT 2007

Hi!
  On my recent installation of Xorg (git master about Sep 30), I have a strange
problem with switching between X and Linux text consoles.
  The switching itself works well forth and back, but the problem is that after
switching back to X, some apps (especially KDE ones like konqueror, kopete or
kmail), if they have a focus, receive something like a "middle mouse button"
event, which obviously results in a clipboard contents being pasted under the
cursor, or, like in konqueror, if the clipboard contains a valid URL, immediate
seem to be immune, they don't receive the event (although I can then press the
MMB and paste to them manually). I'm also unable to see anything like this in
xev, and I don't know any non-KDE app, which would do it. I'm using KDE 3.5.8,
build about a week old from SVN.
  Former X servers like 1.2, didn't make this. Because my usage pattern
contains very often switching between X and text, I'm finding it very annoying.
  If anybody has a clue, what is the cause of this problem and how to fix it,
it will be very appreciated.
     With regards, Pavel Troller