set X server for remote access using tcp/ip socket.

David Harel hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com
Mon Oct 29 06:04:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

Recently I noticed (with the help of Arafangion on #xorg) the support
for remote applications is via ssh forwarding.

Some times, I have to connect to traditional Unix machines such as AIX,
HPUX or Solaris) which not always have ssh client/server at all. For
that reason I want to configure my X server to receive requests the old
way where I have to set xhost and DISPLAY on the remote machine. I
remember I bumped into some configuration directive that makes X server
listen on x11 port (600x) but I don't remember which.

Currently, netstat -an | grep -i x11

 - gives nothing.

--
Thanks.