News ATI drivers

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Sep 12 10:45:46 PDT 2007

Ville Syrjälä schrieb:
 > On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 05:34:44PM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
 >> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:43:12PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
 >>> On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Xavier Bestel wrote:
 >>> Don't even think of holding your breath, you'll be long dead and buried &
 >>> still no open src ATI drivers, for any of their cards.
 >> http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/
 >
 > Is that it or will there be more datasheets later? These have no information
 > on the accelerator.

You might want to have a look/contact people at:
http://www.gpgpu.org/
and check the reference to some "Graphics Hardware 2007 Papers" at the "ACM digital library".
Maybe that's helpful.

I think that the GPU stuff is also very valuable for scientific computing and not only
for bloody games, spinning and animated desktops. Maybe some of you want to consider that
usage profile also when creating/improving open source drivers.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH