News ATI drivers

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Sep 13 03:01:25 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:16:03PM +0200, Erik Andrén wrote:
> Thomas Coppi wrote:
> > r100 and r200 are basically complete afaik, though r300 would still
> > be useful.
>
> Then why doesn't my radeon 7500 mobility (r100) based laptop still
> garble the screen on suspend-to-ram resume, needing to fully reboot the
> computer to  return it to an usable state?

Mine didn't.  Do you have any fancy options enabled (e.g. using vbetool
to POST the video card on resume caused random hard freezes on my
Thinkpad T42; without it suspend/resume worked like a charm).

Marius Gedminas
--
Every nonempty totally-disconnected perfect compact metric space is
homeomorphic to the Cantor set.