xf86-video-ati, XRandR 1.2, and what used to be MergedFB

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Mon Sep 17 23:47:12 PDT 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:

> FYI, this should be fixed now in ati git master.

Thanks for that, it works - I'm now getting a picture on the VGA
screen. :-)

However I'm still getting the "embedded screen" upon startup, which
seems to be same setup as I get when typing

  xrandr --output VGA-0 --same-as LVDS

So it seems as if this isn't identical to the traditional "clone" mode
in the sense that there are still two screens reported to the window
manager. Is there any other way/type to configure clone modes with
xrandr 1.2?

Regards
Marius