seemingly random crash on shutdown with Xorg 7.3

dark_mail at gmx.net dark_mail at gmx.net
Sun Sep 23 15:10:56 PDT 2007

OK, sorry guys, but I have to bug you again.

I just realized that, basically, I'm still using the old Xorg 7.2, just
with some apps from the new 7.3 release. (Don't ask me why  thought I
had upgraded to the 7.3 branch). I don't know if that's the cause of my
problems, the "new" packets seem to belong to rather non-critical apps.

Sorry for all those corrections, but my last weeks were quite busy and I
just found time to dig into the problem a bit deeper.
It's still rather annoying, and for a comparison:
I also have a computer with the same Xorg version, but a desktop machine
with closed-source NVidia drivers and KDE 3.5.7, but don't experience
this problem.

Any clues, any hints?