How to compile a selected subset of xorg?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:38:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

I need to compile a very narrow subset of Xorg to use in a diskless X
terminal: all I need is basically a framebuffer driver, minimal subset
of fonts, just few keyboard layouts, etc. I need all this built as a
directories' subtree to copy over to the X-terminal's init ramdisk
prototype file tree. Minimal size on disk is the goal: for example, du
-bc on  xkb subtree results in ~2.4M of files; I definitely do not
need all this.

Is this possible to do with modular build? Best of all, if there is a
menuconfig-style selection tool, but any editable build config would
be OK.

Perhaps there may be some toolsets for embedded devices, can anybody
provide references?

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky