[lsb-discuss] X11 Extensions for Fullscreen OpenGL

Mon Apr 28 10:47:42 PDT 2008

Jan Emoti wrote:
> Hi, I am new to this. Just ran lsbappchk and got the following message:
>
>   DT_NEEDED: libXxf86vm.so.1 is used, but not part of the LSB
>
> My understanding is this library provides the only way to get a
> fullscreen graphics mode (at least for OpenGL apps).

This library provides one way to change the output mode of a graphics
adapter to a specified resolution.   If you're happy running at the
standard resolution instead of changing it, I'm not sure you need it.

It's also being deprecated in X, being replaced by Xrandr, which provides
more functionality, such as changing the size of the virtual desktop so
that you don't go into panning mode when you change the resolution.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com