Can Xterm support horizontal scrolling?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at
Wed Apr 30 16:31:48 PDT 2008

I have looked everywhere I could and it seems that Xterm
(or Gnome/Kde)Terminal console, if that is the same thing)
does not support it?
It xterm does support H-scrolling, how do you turn it on?
I was hoping that it would so that I can monitor ansi-colored
log file with line items in excess of 900 characters.
If xterm does not support H-scrolling, is there a program that
can be used in it's place so that I can view ansi colored text
logs in a 'tail' like fashion?

Checked by AVG.