xf86-video-intel 2.5 release planning

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:09:16 PDT 2008

2008/7/31 Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org>:
> Oh and btw, this means you, OSV gfx folks!  I'm expecting to hear from ajax,
> bryce, dberkholz, jcristau etc. if there are oft-reported Intel bugs driving
> your users crazy that should be on our blocker list.

I'd suggest testers to test downloading at least 1280x720 version of
Big Buck Bunny (http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/),
1920x1080 if you have >2.4GHz machine (Athlon 64 or Core 2) and play
it in eg. Totem, Kaffeine or mplayer (or all), with compiz turned on
and with textured video used (ie. not the current Ubuntu patches that
revert to Xv because of performance problems). Try both windowed and
full screen mode (former harder usually), with play controls popping
into visibility in full screen etc.

Last I've tested it has looked like textured video simply can't be
enabled by default for usable performance in these situations, but
it's good to see if it has improved, especially on < i965 hardware.

-Timo