Dual-clustered-display somehow?

Enrique Arizón e_arizon_benito at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 01:22:15 PDT 2008

 Use-case is next:

 I have 2 laptops connected through gigabit and work with them simultaneosly. Sometimes I would like to execute one app in a laptop while simultaneously use both laptops as a single (dual-head) display.

- Does anyone know of any trick to make that work?

In the most simple case it would be enough to me to be able to dinamically change the display associated with one app to change from :0.0 to the network neighbour display.

Regards,

Enrique

P.S.:
 I guess this scenario could become more and more ussual since laptop prices are dropping so fast that there is not much price difference between using a laptop with two monitors versus using two laptops with its own monitor (A Dell Vostro with WUXGA 1920x1200 is about 500€ while an WUXGA monitor alone is close to 300€ without the two-laptops-redundancy of CPU/Disks).