xrandr 1.2 - reorder outputs (How to get LVDS before VGA)

Steven J Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 03:42:18 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 17:18 +0200, Adam Lantos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any improvements in this area? I am interested too...
>

> thanks,
>  Adam
>

> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Andreas Schildbach
> <andreas at schildbach.de> wrote:
> > Mildred wrote:
> >
> >> I'm aware that the xrandr order wasn't meant to be significant, but
> >> whenever you like it or not, there is an order (that's not just plain
> >> random), and some application will rely on that order (isn't it most
> >> applications nowadays ?)
> >
> > Let me add that there is a related bug in Ubuntu:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/134669
> >
> > and a related idea in Ubuntu Brainstorm:
> >
> > http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8461/
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Andreas
I've just been trying to put together a hack to swap over the CRTCs from
the the driver, no luck so far.  Would that work?  Is there an easy
place to change to remap the CRTCs such that PIPEB is the primary head?

My interest is primarily for TV out, as it exists currently it is
extremely inconvenient to have all the panels etc jump onto the TV where
they don't even fit! It's even worse for "clone mode" since the panels
etc obviously remain on the LVDS but get re-sized to the resolution of
the TV.