A freetype font mystery

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Aug 19 04:09:18 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 11:41 +0100, Seb James wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 11:11 +0100, Seb James wrote:

> > > I've pushed a change to xserver Git that might fix (or rather avoid)
> > > this problem.
> >
> > I'm just trying that now.
>
> No joy unfortunately - I see the same behaviour with your changes
> applied.

Yeah, it looks like the geode driver is affected by

        The bug probably still needs to be found and fixed for drivers
        that provide a PrepareComposite hook but can't accelerate text
        rendering though.

So somebody will need to find and fix the bug in exaGlyphs() and friends
when the driver fails to actually accelerate the text rendering
Composite accelerations.