problems of building xserver

Wayne shhuango at
Thu Aug 21 03:35:54 PDT 2008

I was wondering while I was building xserver by, it showed:make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/src/xserver/hw/xfree86/common'make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'atKeynames.h', needed by 'distdir'. Stop.There is no atKeynames.h in xserver/hw/xfree86/common, butit needs it. So, does it mean the source code of xserver from doesn'tinclude all files it needs?I copied atKeynames.h from xserver/hw/dmx/input/atKeynames.h toxserver/hw/xfree86/common. I don't know if it is OK or not, but I did.And it worked. However, I got a similar problem later. It requiredxf86Version.h, and this file doesn't in xserver/hw/xfree86/common.Why did this happen?Could I just find the files xserver needs but doesn't have from the internetor somewhere, and copy them into xserver? Will it work? Wayne
Discover the new Windows Vista