installation of XKB rules

Wayne shhuango at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:14:32 PDT 2008

> Unfortunately, just having intltool installed isn't enough. You also
> need to run intltoolize before autoreconf. Try just running the
> autogen.sh script in xkeyboard-config. It should take the necessary
> steps for you.

Hi,

The following is the output of compiling xkeyboard-config. As we can see,
autogen.sh runs intltoolize before autoreconf. The error is still the same:
po/Makefile is not found. Of course, config.status creates po/Makefile.in
but not po/Makefile.

Wayne

root at Pegatron:/opt/src/xkeyboard-config# ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/modular/
intltoolize: 'intltool-extract.in' exists: use '--force' to overwrite
intltoolize: 'intltool-merge.in' exists: use '--force' to overwrite
intltoolize: 'intltool-update.in' exists: use '--force' to overwrite
intltoolize: 'po/Makefile.in.in' exists: use '--force' to overwrite
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal
configure.in:47: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
rules/Makefile.am:98: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
checking for intltool >= 0.30... 0.37.1 found
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for XML::Parser... ok
./configure: line 3877: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT: command not found
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: executing po/stamp-it commands
config.status: error: po/Makefile is not ready.