Get raw data of Xrender Picture structure

Peter Harris peter.harris at
Mon Dec 8 09:29:43 PST 2008

Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable returns garbage with a
> minimized windows and I think that xrender will return at least the
> outdated content of the window.

Nope. XRender does not contain any functions that return the contents of
a window, minimized or otherwise.

Maybe you want the Composite extension.

> My windows and compositing manager is
> xfwm4 which doesn't support this feature. I'm then trying to shortcut
> xfwm4 and get what I want directly from Xrender.

Sounds like you're trying to re-implement kompose? You might look there
for ideas.

Peter Harris
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris
Research and Development        Phone: +1 905 762 6001
peter.harris at    Toll Free: 1 877 359 4866