Dualhead DPMS power on/off problem

Kielogl kielogl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 16:06:02 PST 2008

I have two monitors connected to a dualhead nvidia video card that I would like to power on and off individually.

  I have tried 'xset -display :0.0 dpms force off' hoping it would power off just the :0:0 screen, but both the :0.0 and :0.1 screens are powered off. Similarly, 'xset -display :0.1 dpms force off' also powers off both screens.

  Is there any way to individually power on or off my monitors from the command line?

  (I found a couple of similar posts without suitable resolution, eg. http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-November/011045.html, http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Dual-Head-ATI-Mobility-1300-ftopict416233.html)

  Thanks in advance,

  Mark