intel and uvesafb

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 5 16:08:59 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 00:56 +0100, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:

>   But the problem is still there. Who's the responsibility on? Both pieces
> should cope together somehow and someday? What do to here? is anything
> planned about this?

Jesse Barnes and Dave Airlie have added video modesetting to the kernel
DRM driver. With a uniform kernel mechanism for configuring video modes,
we can have fancy graphical boot setups and X at the same time. The DRM
code is sitting on a branch, and we're hoping to merge it to master in a
few months, after the TTM code is working a bit better.

keith.packard at intel.com