C99 types in Xmd.h?

Tue Feb 5 18:42:14 PST 2008

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:21 pm Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> I'm not sure if pkgsrc is running on any platforms that doesn't provide
>> the C99 types, but it would be easy to patch that in if there is.
>> Note that inclusion of inttypes.h and stdint.h has to be done carefully,
>> not all platforms have them. A good fallback is sys/types.h or really
>> complaining if the types don't exist.
>
> Really?  Which platforms are missing such basic stuff?

Old ones.   For the Solaris releases we're providing current Xorg packages
for, we have no problem with C99 types, but we know there's still users out
there of releases predating C99, some of whom occasionally try to build Xorg
themselves.   (Similar to those you still see pop up once or twice a year
trying to build on Red Hat 7.2 or such.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com