xtest

Hugo Baz bimbam19 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:43:00 PST 2008

Hi,
I have some questions concerning xtest extension. I know it might not be the right place for that but I couldn't find the perfect forum for this. As xtest uses xorg, I thought some of you could help. Sorry for the inconvenience if you think I'm wrong.

Is there's a way to detect if a mouse event was not sent by a real device but rather by xtestfakemotionevent or xtestfakebuttonevent? I'm writting a programm that should react differently depending on the above. (I've written another programm that should work in parallel using xtestfakemotionevent xtestfakebuttonevent to generate mouse motion and button events.) Is it possible?

regards