Second monitor blank with radeon, works with vesa

Ritesh Sood riteshsood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:37:54 PST 2008

Hi all,
          I'm using the radeon driver with two monitors. Problem is that the
second monitor goes blank. I've been having this
problem ever since updating and building the xfree86-video-ati  git source
some two-three weeks ago. The problem has persisted
even after regularly updating  and building the source  as soon as new code
is checked into git.  My card is the  Radeon 9200. Both monitors
come on with the vesa driver (its slow and it's clone mode so pretty
unusable). The rest of the Xorg components, libs, xserver, etc are built
from the latest git source also, so i'm pretty sure the problem is with the
radeon driver.
        xorg.cong and log files are attached.

Thanks for your help,
Ritesh