Fw: radeon driver GLX pixmap support

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Feb 11 15:23:00 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 13:53 -0500, Stephen Winiecki wrote:
> Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote on 02/11/2008 11:19:26
> AM:
>
> > On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 10:58 -0500, Stephen Winiecki wrote:
> > > Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote on 02/11/2008
> 08:18:30
> > > AM:

> does
> > > not
> > > provide

> radeon
> > >
> > > Thanks for your response.  Can you provide a bit more detail on the
> actual
> > > issue?  Are you saying that without the new DRI2 implementation this
> > > function cannot be supported by the driver?
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> OK - Thanks.  I've looked and wasn't able to find any info on the issue of
> the missing pixmap support.  Is there any specific discusion on it you are
> aware of and can point to?  Is it part of a DRI2 definition/discussion?

See e.g.
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DirectRenderingToRedirectedWindows
(rendering to a redirected window is similar to rendering to a GLXPixmap
from the implementation POV) or http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DRI2 or anything
related to DRI2.

> Now running into something else.  With DRI enabled, getting the following
> error with the testcase (essentially just creating a window) for both
> modes:
>
> libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)

See the XCreateWindow manpage for the conditions under which it returns
a BadMatch error. Maybe you're specifying depth 32 instead of 24 or vice
versa, or the wrong visual type?