garbage in xterm

Jeremy C. Reed reed at
Tue Feb 12 02:46:46 PST 2008

I have had a problem for at least 1.5 years where I sometimes get junk
in an xterm. It overwrites but I can still see previous text.

Here is an example from a minute ago:
(That xterm had scrolling data.)

This has happened with different versions of the Xorg server, different
video drivers and xterms. Also on different hardware (i386 and amd64)
running slightly different NetBSD versions.

I think it used to happen with xf86-video-wsfb.

Currently I have using from pkgsrc on NetBSD/amd64 4.0_RC4:

xterm-229  (I see there are newer xterm versions for me to try)

  Jeremy C. Reed